View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 09:24 PM   #1283
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
It's not a big secret, to be honest.

At the end of the first season, I voiced there appeared to be a bias, and as I was leaving the building after the second leg of the final, I was chatting with a few of the Cavalry players who echoed the sentiment. One of the higher-ups overheard. I was never called back to cover the team.

While the league says it was for pandemic reasons, all of the freelance spots were cut, the only reporters they have are based out of Ontario, and I, along with the others who were part of the team for the first season, was taken off the league and team media lists.

One of the ring leaders of having non-Ontario freelancers cut is someone who shouldn't have a job with the league's broadcaster and was recently outed for posting inappropriate things on social media over the years.

That's why it's crucial to bring the Hamilton/Ontario bias to light. The league and the broadcaster need to be held accountable for the product they are providing.
Well, that bias was there virtually from day one. Remember how the league conspired to give Forge a later entry into the Cup that year? Some BS about how they were registered first, so they got that advantage? It was really amazing.

It didn’t stop there though. It wasn’t until after Cavalry was mowing through everyone that they came out with the spring/fall cups. And of course, even with Cavalry winning those seasons, the league trots out the playoff and somehow Forge gets the “forever first” campaign out of it. I mean sure, the first cup was the spring and we won that. The second cup was the fall and we also won that. So I guess it only makes sense that the microwave dish is somehow the first trophy? It’s just bush league.

And that doesn’t even get into the obvious bias when it came to the racism allegations, the red card fiasco in those finals, or dare I say the overall officiating which was definitely pro-Forge in my also biased opinion. Sometimes, I do wonder why I give money to such a biased and unsportsmanlike organization. But the truth is, I want it to succeed so badly! So, I’ll complain about these things, but at the end of the day drop it all and go enjoy the games at ATCO and lose my voice doing it!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post: