View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 05:30 PM   #656
BoLevi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I'm not sure why it's hard to understand that you can simultaneously hold the view that a person has a right not to be assaulted and also recognize that a person who is a victim of a crime can nonetheless be more or less culpable for having put themselves in the position they found themselves in when a crime was committed against them. I don't think you should go around hitting Klan members in the head with baseball bats for publicly stating their atrocious beliefs, but I would have significantly less sympathy for them if that happens than I would for some random person minding their own business getting a Louisville slugger to the temple. This isn't particularly difficult to understand, especially since it's exactly the same logic that's been applied throughout the entire thread to the people that Rittenhouse shot.

Which isn't to say that Pepsifree is making much sense either with the "if you have a loaded gun your intent is to shoot someone with it" logic... that equally fails to appreciate the obvious difference between going out hoping to provoke someone to attack you so that you get to shoot them and don't have to go to jail for it, and going out hoping to avoid any and all altercations by having a visible deadly weapon on the basis that people generally won't mess with someone toting an AR15. That said, I legitimately don't know which of those two mindsets describes Rittenhouse accurately, but I've decided not to care.

EDIT: People need to calm the #### down though with their "poster XYZ is just a racist" and "this guy is one post away from saying heil hitler" stuff though, that's garbage.
Rittenhouse has said multiple times that he wishes he had never gone to Kenosha.
BoLevi is offline   Reply With Quote