View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 12:14 PM   #939
Bleeding Red
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

FINALLY!
After 20 months of searching I finally got an offer. It is for a 1-year contract, so there is a chance I am back on the hunt late in 2022, but who knows, it could be extended.

A big THANK YOU to CaptainCrunch for help and advice (though I did not get any offers, I did get a lot of positive feedback on my resume design and cover letters.)

I am a little apprehensive about going back to work after almost 2 years off. Will I be able to get back in the groove of working? Can I still do the job? What's it like "out there" these days?

Of note - I applied to this job off a board, but it was a recruiting agency that made it happen. They must have moved it forward when I emailed them that I had seem the job posted again (by them and others) right after they told me they were putting my name forward.

The whole job search has been a bit surreal. Mostly confusion over not getting any replies to frustration at not getting any call backs after an initial conversation, to disappointment and despair at rejections (especially after two interviews and an assignment, which happened a couple of times).

Those still searching - Staying positive is the hardest, but try not to let the frustration overwhelm you. I sent each application with a smile (and each decline got the double bird!). I hope for the best.

I found CP really helpful. Thank you.
Bleeding Red is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bleeding Red For This Useful Post: