View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 09:46 PM   #4259
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
The extra hour is for the 50% chance that there will be some dumb little issue that will cost you time. Or the likelihood that you'll get there and they'll have you run out to their garage for a minute to take a look at the light switch in there (since you're already over) to give them a quote on that, which they want to have fixed in the spring. Idk, maybe I just suck, but it just seems that more often than not things don't go as expected so I always pad my quotes to allow for the unforeseen. I definitely don't feel like a rip off artist and we have more work than we can handle so must be doing something right.
To be fair, everyone is busy right now. It's why we can charge what we want right now. I still think a detailed quote on what the job is and what the customer will pay if there is something unforseen is the best way to quote that job and be honest.

They're quoting that much because they can. Simple as that. Still too much for a replacement but a lot of people will pay that because they don't know better and just want it done.

I've also given high quotes to people I don't want to work for so that comes into play as well.
Knightslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knightslayer For This Useful Post: