View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 10:30 PM   #89
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

So, finally had a chance to watch Dune on Imax... its a bit of a challenging thing to review. I thought there were some great things but some editorial decisions, that I might not have done, that were made to reduce the length of the film.

I was left a little wanting, but mainly because I know the first book pretty well. The friends I went with, who didn't know anything about the book, thought it was great.

I understand why some people would have some issues with pacing. The critique that it was 'too slow, but then too fast' is something I can understand completely...

On a technical level it was a masterpiece, narratively, I would probably give it an 8.

Rebecca Ferguson was great, and same with Chalamet... No one had a bad performance

My biggest issues

Spoiler!

I wish that Villeneuve had done this as a series however, as it would have been absolutely spectacular... I hope and pray that there will be an extended version released on Bluray at some point in the future.

So long as Thufir isn't milking a cat for an anitdote, i'll score it one for Villeneuve and zero for Lynch

Last edited by oldschoolcalgary; 10-28-2021 at 10:49 PM.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldschoolcalgary For This Useful Post: