Thread: Turkey Talk
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 04:10 PM   #77
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
100%. My whole wife and kids absolutely love them, I can't stand them. They are disgusting and nothing I have ever witnessed can change that, and I've tried them periodically in order to appease them. They just are plain awful regardless of how they are done.

They can never be delicious, they are always terrible.

Ha, I did laugh at this one.
I used to dislike brussels sprouts until I found a good recipe for them. But I grew up with, "Like it, eat more. Dislike it, must still eat, but OK to eat less." I will say that the amount of "foodies" I have met who love brussels sprouts no matter how badly they are prepared blow my mind.

I went to some restaurant once and split some "amazing roasted brussels sprouts" that someone (A self declared foodie) had had before. OK sure, I'll give them a try. They came out and the person gushed they were even better than they remember.... the problem was that they damn things were charred to nearly cinders, the ingredient mixing was so damn off you had ranges of flavourless ones, super sour ones and dry brined sprouts. It was absolutely horrific and disgusting. I'm a garbage can that consumes basically anything, but I had to say no to chowing down on that ####. I split the cost to be polite and foodie chowed down nearly the whole thing. It was at that point I believed I had met a foodie who basically had no taste buds.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote