View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 10:05 AM   #64
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
I'm interested in the source for the first claim, cause I also came up with almost nothing relevant for "Zak H Calgary" on initial google.
Pepsifree got duped but his google fu may not be strong. For all I know he may have been sending money to a Nigerian prince as he found that Nigeria is a country on google and sounds legit

I mean CSEC got duped, and they put potentially millions in this app. That warrants a lot more scrutiny and questions on their side.

The guy's name could be an alias, he's totally invisible, supposedly a University of Calgary grad, and student entrepreneur regional champion in 2012 (but can't find anything on it outside of the paid articles). Someone with more time could have fun digging, but I still think this is could be an alias.

For those unaware, and an unknown little advertising secret, anyone can purchase a news article or even a TV slot passing as a subject matter expert as long as you have the $$$ (those guests that come on regional news to talk about mundane topics that seem like filler? Those are usually ads). A paid news piece on the Calgary Herald would likely be pretty cheap.

All of a sudden, you become 'accomplished' and vetted by a media source.
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Firebot For This Useful Post: