View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 02:36 PM   #56
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzy View Post
Awful news. He is in my top 3 for comedians. I just saw him perform at the Blackfoot in November 2019. It was sold out so he added a Sunday show, which we attended. We went to the sports bar to eat before the show and he was in there watching the Seahawks game. He approached us and was chatting during the remainder of the game.

During his show, he ended up doing an extra hour set that night. I was blown away. Almost two full hours and the last hour was basically just recalling old jokes, "this way my Dad's favorite joke, this is my Son's favorite joke".

Fun fact - Norm said that night, that he has played the room at the Blackfoot Inn (the Laugh Shop/Yuk Yuk's), more than any other room with the exception of the Comedy Store, where almost all comedians hone their shows. He got his start in Calgary before moving down to the States.
Saw him in 2015/2016 or so at the Laugh Shop. Was walking around the room and he stopped to talk to Mike MacDonald, another Canadian comedy legend. Wanted to say hello but didn't want to bug them either. Based on your story sounds like a missed opportunity now.
ajr4013 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ajr4013 For This Useful Post: