View Single Post
Old 09-02-2021, 02:55 PM   #111
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post
It is still stunning to me just how many Canadians went ahead and got mixed doses of either AZ/MRNA or a combo of different MRNA. It didn't really make sense in a lot of ways, it's caused some problems with travel, work and other things and now we are giving boosters without much data on the need for it for a whole host of the population or what an optimum time frame would be for maximum benefit.
I think you're mistaken in your assumption that many people mixed vaccines by choice.

As much as many want to criticize Alberta about many things pandemic related, we had the luxury to pick and choose/wait for the vaccine of choice. We of the lower risk groups also seemed to get access far earlier than many other provinces. I heard of many people in BC and SK that they basically had to book at mass vaccination locations and were notified which vaccine was available at that location only when they showed up (Moderna/Pfizer/AZ). I didn't chat with as many people in Ontario and other provinces to know whether or not the same was happening in those provinces as well.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote