View Single Post
Old 08-30-2021, 03:05 PM   #35
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
The Alberta website does not make it easy at all to try to do your own math, but I went through the entire month of July, and on the average day, 78.96% of everyone in the ICU on any given day were unvaccinated. 4.06% were fully vaccinated over 14 days earlier. They make it too hard for me to do any further analysis, but that probably gets the message across.

The numbers aren't as good as what you see in that tweet, obviously, but I think it still tells the same story. The other issue with it, though, is as more people get fully vaccinated, a larger percentage of people in the ICU will be fully vaccinated. For example, the percentage of fully vaccinated people in the ICU doubled from the start of July to the end of July, since that's when a lot of people were fully vaccinated. It's too bad they've chosen to tell the stats in percentages, because showing the stats as a per 100k population would tell the story a lot more clearly.
The website and the data export are pretty unwieldy. I don't envy the people who put together the maps and stats on Reddit, though they're damn good at it.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote