View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 03:10 PM   #205
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ronaldo has always been a freak. Patrice Evra once told a story about a "relaxing" dinner at Ronaldos place:

Quote:
"I will give advice to anybody -- when Cristiano invites you for lunch, just say no," Evra said. "Not because of the food, but it feels like a training session over there.

"He asked me to come after training, I was really tired, but at the table was just salad and plain white chicken, just water, no juice. We started eating and I thought some big meat was coming after that, but nothing. He just finishes and starts playing with the ball. I've just finished eating but we start playing two-touch, then he wants to go to the pool to swim, afterwards some jacuzzi, sauna.

"Then I say why are we here? Do we have a game tomorrow? That is why I recommend to anybody, when Cristiano asks you for lunch to his house, just say no, don't go. He is a machine, never wants to stop training. Being serious, he deserves everything he has as he has worked so hard."
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/the...ch-just-say-no

Rooney, on the other side, was always going to age early/badly. Not only because of his physique and off-the-field stuff, but also because he pretty much became a regular player at 16 and had a ton of mileage at a very young age.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post: