Thread: Jeopardy!
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2021, 01:19 PM   #29
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
This is a good point. Such a drawn out public search was a bad idea. They should have had someone lined up as soon as Alex said he was dying. They could have even gotten his public blessing, which would have gone a long way to avoiding controversy.

All the guests hosts did was create divisiveness. All these controversy articles keep saying Lavar was a fan favourite but I'll be honest, I thought he was quite weak. Although there are conspiracy theories that he was intentionally sabotaged by Richards. Same with Jennings.
Honestly, I'm not sure. I've seen hand-picked successors that create more controversy than giving people fair auditions.

What if Trebek had hand-picked Richards? That then potentially taints Trebek.

I was one of the people firmly on the LeVar bandwagon. I thought he would be awesome and he genuinely values reading and learning, its a cause he has dedicated a good chunk of his life to.

Then I watched him do it and changed my mind.

Maybe he just needs some coaching? Maybe some time to grow into the role? Maybe he's just not cut out for it.

I'm allowed to change my mind based on the audition. And I have. It sucks because in my mind I thought he'd be perfect, but he wasnt. Thems the breaks and thats why they have auditions/job-interviews.

Right now my short-list would be:

- Jennings
- Rodgers
- Buzzy

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote