View Single Post
Old 08-20-2021, 07:50 AM   #12
GrrlGoalie33
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
^Thanks, lots to consider here.

Interesting comment that the non-preferred contractors would not be able to up the total if they tried, one of the companies that went door to door advertised thats exactly what they do - find more things to repair to bring the total up.

Part of the problem is that I can't see the roof myself because it's so high (2 storey) so I cant determine whether a new roof is needed, or just basic repairs, and any contractor I ask will of course suggest a new roof

I am planning to get multiple quotes it just sucks that some companies are 3-4 weeks to even come out for a quote because of all the other houses needing repairs as well
In my case, the contractor said they would negotiate with the insurance company for anything that needed to be added, which did happen. There was enough money left after the contractor finished the scheduled repairs that it paid for about 80% of the cost to side my previously un-sided wood structure shed.

I guess it all comes down to how involved you want to be over leaving it up to the contractor
GrrlGoalie33 is offline   Reply With Quote