View Single Post
Old 08-13-2021, 07:38 AM   #2128
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I actually don't mind the Telluride at all.

I like the look, but have in the back of my mind that Kia is the "off brand" of Hyundai.

I'm not sure that is a fair assessment.

I am looking to replace my 2011 Durango and we still need room of a vehicle that size.
Yeah, some people still think that about Hyundai and KIA, but in fact both brands make great cars at a great value. I stumbled into liking the Telluride one day last year. My wife and I were looking at a used Mercedes GLS 450, which is the MB three row. It was a complete disappointment. Not all that nice inside (2019 model, anyway), and totally cramped for space with a borderline useless third row. I actually hated it and was expecting to love it.

Anyway, we went to every manufacturer to try every three row vehicle and the Telluride was faaaaaar better than all of them. By leaps and bounds. Nothing from Audi, Ford, Honda, BMW, Mazda, etc. (I mean it when I say we put every make on the table) even came close. No comparison whatsoever. And by better I mean the interior layout, space in all rows, the self driving stuff, all the other tech, exterior looks great and the interior is nice (I like the Pallisade interior more, but hate the exterior). The downside is the drivetrain - boring old V6 that's competent but not fast or particularly fun.

For whatever reason I've never been a fan of any one brand of car. I've practically owned them all. Right now, in 2021, the Telluride is my favourite three row vehicle. Wouldn't matter who made it to me. It's designed the best and the great thing about that is the industry knows it, which will give us all better vehicles on the next redesign cycle. It's the benchmark.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote