View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 06:44 PM   #2234
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Honestly, I have no idea what her carbon footprint is. Other than travel what is she doing that's so bad? I would give her credit for any people who've changed their lifestyles because of her message. That has to be worth something.
What is her message? Shame on you, we've stolen her childhood, massive corporations are killing the planet. But she is just as responsible by consuming what we all consume. Did anyone ever tell her that?
Quote:
That's exactly what she's saying and your point aligns perfectly with mine from when I bumped this thread. We're all waiting for everyone else to make the tough choices so we don't have to.
Which means the solution is not to be Greta and heap shame on everyone, that solves NOTHING. The goods and services we consume has to come from renewable, non polluting sources.

I have said probably dozens of times at this point I think solar should be on every house in many locations. For whatever reason that gets shouted down. It won't work, it's worse than burning oil, it poisons the planet. I don't think any of that is true, but it's odd that the same people who tend support Greta's message also shout down any attempt at solutions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMoss View Post
So what is your point? Just admit defeat and wait for the world to go to hell?
Sigh, my point is exactly the ####ing opposite. I want to talk about actual solutions not grandstanding. Seems some here only want to talk about political sides nothing else.

Last edited by zamler; 08-10-2021 at 06:46 PM.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post: