View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 09:05 AM   #2578
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
You realize the vast majority of major crowds are casuals right? We all know who Felix is. Does the average casual fan who goes to a major know? Nope, not even slightly. It's not even like he has a deep run in a major like Denis has had to increase the profile. At this point he's still mostly unknown outside the die hards. Kyrgios, regardless of what you think of him, is probably as well known as anyone outside the big 3 and Andy.

Besides the French fans cheer all their quitters, who ####ing cares what the fans think? Felix isn't losing this match because the crowd isn't behind him, and if he is that is far more problematic because it suggests mental weakness.

We know Felix has mental problems. Also, I don't think you give tennis fans enough credit. I've been to Indian Wells and Flushing Meadows, as have others on here. It's a very knowledgeable crowd. You know, they actually buy tickets and enjoy their day around the grounds watching their favorite players practice.

I have not been to Wimbledon but I know people who have gone, it's very posh and arrogant. About half the people are there because they are given corporate tickets and are just there to be seen.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote