View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 07:47 PM   #14234
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Gaudreau for Konecny and Patrick (roughly)
I really hope Treliving would hang up on that. Konecny is a good start, but Patrick as the add is just brutal. I don't know why anyone would want this guy? He has missed a year with a chronic neurologic condition and then came back and was Philadelphia's worst player by a large margin this past season. Watching him, he does nothing well at the NHL level. If you're going for a futures player, go for a kid with some real upside. Make it Frost or Foerster and we're closer. Probably have to eat another big contract to make it work and send something else along from the Flames side, but a potential deal has always been there IMO.

Quote:
Thachuk for Thomas and Kyrou (roughly)
I like this one, but I'm not sure the Blues would. Flames are going to have to eat a contract to make it work. O'Reilly or Parayko have the easiest contracts to move, but I can't see the Blues moving O'Reilly for anything but a massive overpayment, especially with their best two center prospects heading out of town. Blues do have some cap space to play with if they could talk the Flames into Parayko. If the Flames lose Giordano, this might just work best actually. Flames kick in Kylington to even out contracts and help the Blues backend depth.