View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 08:39 PM   #1888
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I think the size of the box being too small is way overblown on CalgaryPuck compared to the real world. I use a truck daily for work in the Foothills Industrial Park and so do a bazillion guys I work with. Not everyone is carrying 4x8 sheets of plywood around. So many trucks are used for throwing dirty/heavy/weird/smelly/greasy/whatever items in that aren't long. I have a hitch-mounted bed extender that was $150 from Princess Auto I use on my F-150 (5'6" bed) that allows me to carry poles and stuff like 10' long. I would not want a 10' bed; the 5'6" bed is way better 99.99999% of the time. The bed on the Maverick is totally fine and if you need a longer bed there are already cheap gizmos on the market that will accommodate you.

This truck is going to become ubiquitous for small businesses and large companies for deliveries, etc. The fuel economy is unbelievable for a truck and the box is all the space you need. Its usefulness goes way beyond trips to the garden centre.
I really like these, probably around 25k in Canada. Maybe in 3 years can snag one for a good price. Seems like the perfect utility vehicle that covers most of non-work truck/SUV needs. Unless you need to tow more than 4000lbs it probably covers everything.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote