View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 02:59 AM   #13770
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
What an utterly ridiculous comment. Like Treliving has the ability to stop Buffalo from making a deal with a Pacific team. If Buffalo wants top prospects and high picks the Flames can’t offer that.
Depends on what the return is, I said it before and I'll say it again, Treliving is like his father, he needs to believe 100% that he's winning any trade, he doesn't want to take any risks that may backfire but it also means he won't hit many homeruns either. Mark Stone would have made this team a hell of a lot better than Valimaki ever will even if they had to pay him $9.5m to keep him. Good GM's don't sit on their hands waiting to fleece another GM, Good GM's make deals, take chances to make their team a contender not take chances on over the hill bum UFA's just looking to cash in on a final contract.

If a divisional rival gets Eichel I will guarantee everyone here will say "we should have beat that offer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
So, if necessary, he should trade Johnny, Lindholm, Hanafin and Tkachuk to make sure he gets it done?
Silliness of this aside we would have a lot of cap space to build around Eichel, with a couple of decent pickups we'd likely be better than the Oilers this year, something we're not right now and won't be unless this team makes a couple of major changes.

There's is not 2 current players plus a prospect on this team I wouldn't trade for Eichel