View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 11:34 AM   #2037
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Yeah I can't remember the details it was about a year ago, this was right after setup so I assume that port was open from remote GUI or something. I do have it exposed externally for Plex as its shared to some users externally. I'm not skilled enough in network security and its a field I'm currently trying to gain knowledge in.
Probably a good ideal to set up Cloudflare for the firewall and DDOS security functionality (free). Cloudflare will handle a lot of the security for you, and they are pretty easy to manage there. You can set up geoblock, URI whitelist/blacklists, UserAgent filters and the like. If you are using dockers/jails for your Plex/Sonarr/Radarr, it's a good idea to set your fail2ban/nginx configuration to block out repeated failed login requests, known SQL/PHP injection attacks, close all your ports and try to have a single nginx instance and different URI paths instead for externally accessible stuff, disable old SSL versions, use strict transport security, create a content security policy, etc. Had to secure my Plex/Ombi/Radarr/Sonarr cuz of a lot of Russian brute force attempts.

Last edited by FlameOn; 06-08-2021 at 07:07 AM.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post: