View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 01:01 PM   #31
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
That's a good looking group Doug that will pay off in the years to come. McMichael was a steal.
I got real lucky with McMichael being that he was a former Bulldog I loved but was traded for Robert Thomas when Bulldogs made a run and won the OHL championship

But it really tells you about great organizations. The London Knights gave up the delusion that they were going to the Memorial Cup and move Thomas to hamilton for McMichael

Spoiler!

The end result was that Knights put themselves into a situation to continue to build and add assets

The Hamilton Bulldogs, yes win an OHL Championship that year, but following totally messed up the organization. Thomas makes the Blues and doesn't come back for another season, Matthew Strome veto's a trade and walks, Jan Jeník gets injured and was unable to trade and recoup assets, Arthur Kaliyev likely makes the Kings or reports to the AHL team and the bulldogs get nothing in return. Then finally Jan Mysak "may" return to the Bulldogs but there's a chance that they recoup nothing for him as well

The OHL did a lotto for the Draft selection order this year and the Bulldogs draft 14th

The Bulldogs traded their future away for Thomas, in turn, got nothing back for Thomas, Strome, Kaliyev, Jeník and Mysak

I really find that the Calgary Flames are very much in the same situation with Johnny Gaudreau as the London Knights were with Robert Thomas

There's a good reason why organizations like the London Knights wins
The Following User Says Thank You to Hanna Sniper For This Useful Post: