View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 05:21 PM   #53
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
It's not a CP thing. It's common sense.

When Sutter was the GM they had a huge lean towards size and being from Western Canada. Craig Button was into Russia, but that went away completely when he was let go.

Feaster didn't have as much a set plan, was all over the place.

Bryan Burke had them back into drafting big again in his one year at the table.

Under Treliving they've taken more swings at high end skill regardless of issue (skating, size).

Different guys at the top change what happens in a scouting group. Seems silly to look past that.

I think Treliving has given his scouting staff a larger voice and with that they've found some gems late in the draft. Not popular to support Treliving these days, but this is one area he has clearly improved.
100%. I’ve been as critical on Treliving as anyone, but I must give credit where credit is due. He gives the amateur scouting staff a direction and his mandate was to find value picks in the later rounds and they’ve done just that. I think I heard his drafting philosophy was to look at players other teams disregard or something to that effect.

For that, I give Treliving a lot of credit because Darryl and Burke’s mandate in comparison blows chunks. Good riddance to their drafting philosophy.
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote