View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 12:35 PM   #65
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

What a disappointing end to this core group of players.

I remember how excited I was when Gaudreau was coming up in the NCAA. Following his numbers in Dubuque, then watching him tear it up at Boston College. Everyone was nervous he wouldn't sign with the Flames. All the while watching Monahan come up to the Flames and just immediately started scoring at an incredible pace. Giordano's progression to becoming a Norris calibre defenseman. Brodie providing that speed from the back end up the ice. It's too bad they just couldn't fulfill their promise, or maybe the expectations were just unrealistic and they just aren't as good as we all expected them to be. Either way there is really not a lot to be excited about as a Flames fan.

Even seeing the line of Tkachuk, Lindholm and Gaudreau put up good numbers when the games are meaningless is so typical of this group. Time and time again offering slivers of hope and me, every time, buying into that hope only to, time and time again, be disappointed when the games matter. Even now I am thinking, maybe a full season of that line together and it's a different outcome! Talk about being in a toxic relationship!
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote