View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 02:23 PM   #11427
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
I have a hard time including Zibanejad in the sure fire top line center group too. When he is on he is great, but for the first half the season he was defensive liability who wasn't scoring.
That's what makes evaluating players so difficult and why so many different posters have different opinions.

The situation a player in can change their value. I singled out Hertl on that list but if Hertl got traded to the Rangers for Zibanejad would Hertl be putting up big numbers and would Zibanejad look like a 2nd line center at best with the Sharks? It's very possible that would happen.

But this same logic can be applied to the Flames players too. Someone on this team or a few players on this team are better than the appear right now and some players are worse than we think too. Nobody seems to agree on who are the players that worse than we think they are and sometimes the players just don't fit together too but it will be interesting to see who the Flames move out and what the impact is. I personally feel Johnny is a good player but not as good as he gets credit for and if we got a good return for him I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't miss him as much as some think.

I'm very interested in Bennett and how he plays right now. It's early but he has 5 points in 3 games so far playing with Huberdeau. But 2 games were against Columbus so may be he won't keep it up and maybe he would never do this with us but it could show he had it in him but it never looked like he did because our top guys just might not be as good as we think they are.

But then again maybe playing with Huberdeau is just a better fit too. It will be very disappointing for this team though if he lights it up in FLA