View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 04:52 PM   #2312
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
What measures are you citing exactly? Calgary had the highest GDP per capita in Canada in 2018. 8th in the world, compared to Toronto at 21st, Vancouver at 22nd and Montreal at 24th.

https://betterdwelling.com/canadian-...onomic-output/
Fart sniffer of epic proportions? Calgary is not even remotely close to Toronto and Montreal in size, even if you break it down to PP/60. It barely competes with Vancouver and is neck and neck with Edmonton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
So New Era hates Sam Bennett, the city of Calgary and Daryl Sutter.

The more you know!!
Jut because I don't gargle the balls of someone/something doesn't mean I don't like or appreciate them. Calgary is one of the best cities in the world IMO. Doesn't mean they can support or deserve an NHYL franchise. Love Darryl Sutter too, but don't think he's the right coach for this team. Sam Bennett? Yup, I'll give you that. Not a fan. Think he's a no skilled bum, which he's pretty much proven with his useless production. Glad he's gone and won't lose a second of sleep over his departure. But thank you for trying to put words in my mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
I meant 4th largest and 4th most economically powerful. Sorry, guys.
Thank your for the correction, because it does matter. 4th most economically powerful in Canada is like 40-45th in the United States and Canada combined. Keep that in mind, because it does matter, especially for a league trying to earn NFL level broadcast rights. Canadian teams are a detriment to getting broadcast rights, not a benefit, and when the vast majority of teams are US based, Calgary is measured accordingly.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote