View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 06:47 PM   #1554
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've had sports cars on and off since I graduated from school... Both my cars are German now, but only because they happen to be the cars that meet my rather niche requirements. Which is to say, my practical car needs to be a manual wagon, and my sports car needs to be a moderately quick coupe with good road feel and also a manual. There are only a couple of good manual wagons in existence at this point. And I actually didn't want to own a Porsche, because people immediately think you're just driving it for status or whatever... but there simply wasn't a better driving vehicle available at anywhere near the price. And even stepping up in price I probably would have wound up with a manual R8, so I'd still be in Germany.

I've always had a thing for Japanese cars, and I'll probably own another one (or more than one) at some point. Maybe a 70's Celica, maybe another Datsun S30. I also have an appreciation for the old British roadsters because we had an MGB and a Triumph when I was growing up, and those were my Grandfather's favourite types of sports cars. Though my Grandma was all about the Japanese cars too... she's 93 years old, and drives an S2000.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post: