View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 09:47 AM   #9907
really?
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewFan View Post
In my opinion we need to trade Ryan, Bennett and Nesterov for a picks as they will leave for sure.
If you want retool, I would trade Hanifin for 1st rounder and young F prospect. He's playing best hockey because of Tanev, so his trade value is highest now.
Of season, try flip Monahan for younger C with higher ceiling.
If you trade Johnny we need get back high end prospect and draft pick but not sure about his NTC.
I don't like Tkachuk salary but I want to keep it. If you can get lots return I would trade him.
Those are reasonable suggestions, though I believe it's best to hold onto Hanifin. In respect to Gaudreau if you could get Mercer and a first from Jersey, that would be a solid return in today's market. Gaudreau is capable of moving the needle for the Devils, but even his reasonable contract presents problems which limit the options in moving him. Unfortunately, given the history of Sutter and Treliving It is more likely they convert any assets into safer returns, which increases the likelihood the fan base is a bit more unethused in 4-5 years. Hopefully management can see the changing landscape and understands that there is a path to a quick build with abrupt commitment. In three years the team might look like Carolina, or Nashville, and as a fan I know which team I would prefer to support.