Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goriders View Post
I think they should try him with lindholm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goriders View Post
Any appetite to trying Ritchie with gaudreau? Kind of like a semenko role.
Here's a real novel idea. How about trying Lindholm with Gaudreau AND Monahan? What a crazy idea! You know, it might just work? If there was only a body of work that showed they could play together and produce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino View Post
I agree with trying Lindholm with Johnny ....said that all season. I still don’t know who will be on the other wing though. I think Bennett may thrive under Sutter.
I think Sutter doesn't change a damn thing with Bennett. Sutter arriving on the scene is not going to change Bennett's IQ, or his ability to play at speed, or use his linemates with any level of efficacy, or shoot a puck with any authority. Players are a sum of their parts and no coach is going to change that. The sum of Sam Bennett's parts are so flawed that he is never going to be a player of consequence. The secret to making Bennett useful is to pair him with players that rely on a similar style and mentality. Lucic is a perfect fit. Dube is a great complimentary player there. Skilled enough to drive a north-south line, but also smart enough to play the defensively responsible role on the line. Go with this line and shelter the crap out of it and you likely make the most of Sam Bennett. Playing him higher up the lineup with skill players is just adding an anchor to the guys you want to produce.

Last edited by Lanny_McDonald; 03-07-2021 at 09:23 AM.