View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 09:06 AM   #1089
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

My point is that the criticism of the councilors is different, and it's probably reflective of how they act in council.

Someone like DF who actively works towards her stated goals, is more likely to get the kind of criticism that we are seeing from her, which is "She doesn't listen to people", because yeah, not everyone in her ward agrees with her.

Whereas guys like Chu, and Farkas, who's entire persona, and a large part of their campaign, is based on saying "No" to everything, aren't likely to get the same kind of criticism, because the main criticism directed towards them is based on the fact that they act like children in council, and don't actually have any goals other than grandstanding and voting no to everything.

Guys like Chu and Farkas are pretty alienating to anyone who has any sort of progressive ideas or goals, so I wouldn't think it so far out of the realm of possibility the people who disagree with them aren't likely to level the criticism that "They don't listen" because we know they don't. They criticism they get is "All they do is vote no to anything that costs money" and grandstand about bike lanes.

For example, I would venture a guess that people who are against bike lanes, are a lot more likely to speak to DF, than people who are for them are likely to speak to JF.
One of those people may come away saying "She didn't listen" the other is likely to say "He's just gonna vote no anyway".

Last edited by Bring_Back_Shantz; 02-24-2021 at 09:12 AM.
Bring_Back_Shantz is offline   Reply With Quote