View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 08:19 PM   #3495
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

How big of a deal is attic rain? Ive had a couple roofing companies try to figure out a water issue and one of them noticed a small amount of attic rain (small drops of moisture frozen to the top of the attic). Is any attic rain a big deal or a little bit unavoidable? I always run the fan after a shower for 30 min(timer), we dont have a humidifier, no pot lights upstairs, and aside from a small humidifer used for my son (3) who gets a dry cough because of the dry air when sleeping there isnt much else I could do. I actually had the humidity tested recently and it came back as normal (cant remember the %) but they said its not too high.

There is water running down the side of the house (frozen now of course) and numerous roofing companies cant figure out why. The attic seems fine in that area (aside from the small bits of attic rain). Theres a valley that wasnt shingled properly which was leaking but that has since been replaced last month, and since then I still notice water coming down the side of the house below that area. I (and the roofers) dont understand how water could come down there if the roof isnt an issue. The soffits are solid (non breathable) so theres a small chance of moisture accumulation there
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote