View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 10:26 AM   #376
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was waiting for Syl's overreaction, didn't disappoint lol. The Chiefs are fine, they are always going to have cap battles. But it's the problem every other team in the league would trade with them, making it work with an elite QB. Better that than hoping you can open up another 3-4 year window with a rookie, because it's the same basic problem, but the other way around: can you fill in all of the other holes on your roster to take advantage of a below market QB deal? Chargers and Bengals are already on the clock to make sure they don't waste Herbert/Burrow's deals, but odds are they probably will. We act like the rookie deal is now they way to winning, but only the Seahawks and Chiefs have actually done it in the rookie cap era (the Eagles mostly did I guess), otherwise its been established high end QBs, and Eli and Flacco.

Chiefs will have to draft well, but they already do draft well. They will be a perennial playoff team and then come playoff time they'll have the best QB or close to it. No, they won't win 7 or 8 in a row or whatever, but for the next 15 years they'll be one of the top five favorites every year. Besides who in the AFC is even in position to ride a rookie deal? The Chargers and Bengals? Lol oh yeah two horrific franchises likely to blow it. Otherwise everyone is paying ~$30 million for QB play or has trash QB options. Chiefs are Dee Ford onside away from playing in three straight Super Bowls with a mediocre roster outside their high end talent. Pretty sure they can keep producing mediocre rosters with their high end talent, just imagine if they draft well enough to have a good roster with that high end talent.