View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 03:40 AM   #716
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
If you were not from Victoria your words would ring maybe a bit truer. I've been here nearly 2 decades now and this kinda talk here means #### all to be Frank. This town talks a big game publicly but we dont mean it .

Typical rethoric we say but don't mean . We say this so much because we see so many americans just on holiday briefly but then the majority of the city has to deal with them on a daily in our jobs . So we say we love them to get the money but our tight circles we don't like them. This post is so disingenuous. Typical Victorian in a public place diarrhea mouth.

My wife and I have each worked in the tourism industry here at one point or another. Americans are nove but they are passive aggressive as all hell. She currently is a manager at a top 3 hotel here and they get pissed at no air conditioning at this time of year ! Its 2c here who the #### needs air conditioning? Even in spring when it's only 12c here they bitch that theres no air conditioning!

Also want to point out no the average person is not amazing in the states having been their many times and having to deal with a great (too) many Americans here
Just under 50 % of people voted for trump. Typical hippie victorian.. just trying to play peacekeeper response. Same mental reasoning we are the van east side in a full city form

/end rant
I was basing my opinion on the 6 or 7 times a year (in a normal year) I go to the States. I have traveled extensively through the states and really enjoy my time down there. It is just my opinion based on my experiences though. I don't ever go dt victoria as Im old (I live in Saanich)

And to call me a hippie is really funny. You have no idea who I am, but it seems like you hate where u live and should probably move.

I think tourists suck in everybody's city, especially if you work in hospitality.

Last edited by Moneyhands23; 01-24-2021 at 03:43 AM.
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Moneyhands23 For This Useful Post: