View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 02:27 PM   #424
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Nah even the announcers were making excuses and discounting Oklahoma’s win before it was over. Too many Florida players opted out, injuries etc.
Yeah isn't that weird seeing as how ND only beat Clemson because of players being out but the media still put them in the Playoffs.

I'm an on Oklahoma fan and I'm not saying they should have been in the playoffs but the resumes of ND and Ohio State for that matter are lacking. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter. Alabama and Clemson are the best two teams in college football and I don't think it's close.

I do think the CFP is a sham though. It's a revenue grab and that's the only reason why schools like ND and OSU got in ahead of Cincy and A&M. Why not just reduce the regular season by 2-3 games and do an expanded playoff tournament like the March Madness tourney? 64 teams is a lot but 16 would be way more doable and it would end a lot of arguments.

Honestly as much as I love seeing the Sooners in the CFP I'm tired of them getting in and getting beat . However the Sooners are setting up to be incredibly scary next year.
nickerjones is offline   Reply With Quote