View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 08:19 AM   #1088
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
In fairness he was bad.
SAF approach to divers compared to Poch.
https://www.theguardian.com/football...y-young-diving
You don't think that times have changed at all? I was watching a bunch of the Maradona highlights and videos on his passing, and the fouls committed against him were unreal by todays standards. He was getting absolutely hammered and would still try to keep his feet. But the officiating was different at that point.

You can go ahead and try to paint this as a Harry Kane problem, but in all honesty its rampant. Plenty of players across the league (and of course it's not just the PL) are accused. Liverpool has Salah, you guys have Fernandes, Vardy has been called out, Zaha is infuriating and that definitely doesn't absolve Kane and Dele (when he plays!).

Like I say...the problem is that it works. You can try to plead innocence and claim that it's everyone else, but I just don't believe you. Players get in the box and as soon as there is a bit of contact they hit the deck in hope that this was draw the penalty. I don't think that because you had a manager 4-5 mangers ago who didn't like diving that your players are somehow immune to that today.

And if you want my opinion, they should handout cards for diving regularly. When they do a VAR check and there's no foul but the player was down and trying to draw a penalty, card him. And they probably ought to do that retrospectively as well. To me it's a scourge and should be eliminated. But I feel like they could let a lot more contact go in general, and that probably wouldn't be very popular.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post: