View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 11:21 AM   #1056
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Presumably since ROTJ and the Mandalorian, Luke has been focusing on his training, reviewing the old Jedi texts, restoring the order, etc...

I also don't think it's fair to just state Mando was on the level with Ahsoka, and Mando had trouble with one trooper, so one trooper = Ahsoka. Mando was in a closed and confined space when battling the Dark Trooper, who was overwhelming him with pure brute force. If Mando had the room to evade, it would have been a different fight. As others mentioned, the Dark Troopers also lack human intelligence. So a Jedi, who is able to logically predict the Dark Troopers' moves is going to be at a huge advantage. I thought they did a pretty great job of portraying that in the fight. Luke is able to use objects in the environment to delay the Dark Troopers enough to take them out one by one. The Dark Troopers, as droids, lack the ability to use any kind of cunning or improvisation. They basically just walk directly at Luke and try to overwhelm him, which isn't going to work.

Mando also needed some time to find the Dark Trooper's weak points, whereas, this was clearly intuitive to Luke. Also, having a light sabre than can cut through the Dark Troopers was clearly a pretty huge advantage, vs. a blaster that just bounced off. At the end of the day, that may have been the difference maker. Just having a better weapon for the job. If Mando's blaster had cut through the Dark Troopers, the way Luke's lightsabre did, it wouldn't have been a very close fight....or a very entertaining episode for that matter. The Dark Troopers strategy of running into foes and overwhelming them with brute strength is pretty weak, when your opponent has a sabre that cuts through you like butter.
I think you could really just boil this down to a common gripe that I think I've mentioned a million times.

The Engineers who work for The Empire suck.

They have tiny, lightly armored craft with no shields that routinely get blown out of the sky.

Their most powerful warships entire defensive capabilities rest way out in the open where its super easy to shoot them and have the structural integrity of Faberge Eggs.

Their Stormtrooper's 'Armor' cannot stop slingshots, bows and arrows and rocks let alone...blaster fire? What is the point of this stuff?

Their main trooper's guns either have a serious factory deficiency in terms of aim and accuracy or there are significant training issues there.

And their ingenious super-weapons routinely have laughably preposterous weaknesses.

Worst. Engineers. Ever.

So I wasnt expecting the Dark Troopers to be any good really.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: