View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 12:58 AM   #1044
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Ahsoka mentioned that there are hardly any Jedi left (maybe 3 or 4? I'm sure the hardcore nerds can answer that question). To me it makes sense that Luke would be the one to answer Grogu's call, as he'd probably be the most powerful and well-known Jedi during this time period.

I'm with you in that I really hope they don't suddenly turn this series into the adventures of Luke & Grogu. And I agree that they should stay away from the Skywalkers from here on out. But c'mon man, that entire sequence was f'n awesome. You can't tell me that didn't put a huge smile on your face and make your inner 10-year old squeal with joy. I mean yea, it was total fan service. But it was just so damn enjoyable.
That and Boba's episode were fan service done CORRECTLY.

Luke showing up in response to Grogu's call at this time was logical and therefore fits the narrative naturally. Boba seeking to reclaim his armour if he had survived is logical and therefore fits the narrative naturally.

The shoehorning of Palpatine was "bad nostalgia" precisely because it was forced, required more than a few leaps in logic and as a result reduced the significance of earlier events. It wasn't the natural next step in the plot which had nothing to do with him for two whole movies leading into it. No hints, no foreshadowing, just a sudden reappearance and with an army, no less. Doesnt fit the narrative naturally.

There is a tasteful and appropriate way to weave old characters into a new story, but it has to be that logical next step in where that story is going. It was in the instances this season.

Another reason as to why these guys are having great success.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post: