View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 08:44 PM   #4803
SnipeShow
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
I think under ideal conditions it ends up being Backlund who is exposed, and not because he is currently the most expendable player of tbe three. Rather, because we should all hope he is the most expendable player of the three by next summer. If either Bennett or Mangiapane is exposed, it be because he has had a disappointing season. That would be far from ideal. Whereas, if Backlund is exposed it will be because a younger, cheaper player has made him expendable, which would also likely mean that the Flames and their young players have come through a spectacular season.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
This is something I could live with. If both of them develop to the point that makes Backlund that expendable it would be hard to be upset despite the loss to Seattle. I guess I'm thinking in a way that doesn't put much expectation in them all breaking out. If either of them stays on par with previous results it doesn't make much of a case for them to supplant Backs. But if those 2 and Dube could all just go ahead and have some breakout seasons I would greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk