View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 10:19 AM   #1177
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
I disagree with your controller take. I think it has been the most next-gen feeling jump from the previous consoles. Battery life has been a non issue for me and I think everything about it is an upgrade on the PS4. At least that stands out from the PS4.

What has Xbox done at launch to really make the jump from the One to the Series X worth it?
With Haptic feedback heavy games such as Astro's playroom and COD Cold War, my PS5 controllers life has been anywhere between 4.5 to 6 hours. That in my eyes is terrible. Due to my setup and environmental hazards (3 dogs) I am unable to run 15 foot cords to allow for charging while playing without the possibility of a dog running across and blowing up my PS5.

And I have said before, I play a lot of COD Warzone and the haptic feedback for heavy guns and the triggers actually hinders my ability to snap to targets and fire as quickly as possibly. So once I finished the campaign on PS5 I deleted it and installed it on my Series X so I can use the Elite controller.

If you can't see why an upgrade from the base Xbox one to the Series X would be worth it...look directly at Cyberpunk 2077 and any other hardware intensive games, which can be said for the PS4 > PS5 as well. As for an upgrade from the One X to the Series X, Quick resume (which is amazing), full Dolby vision/atmos support in games( for those that can take advantage of it like myself), VRR.

And one major difference I see personally between my two consoles is the PS5 runs hot with some noticeable fan noise while the Series X doesn't do either.

Like others have said before, this gen is a great one to own both.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote