View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 09:09 PM   #2809
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
First, I don't think this is true. Maybe in IMAX, but for a regular showing it's actually a bit more than two tickets would cost.

Second, most of what I'm paying for at the theatre isn't the right to see the movie. It's the use of the theatre's equipment to allow me to experience the movie in the optimal setting. It's their screen, their projector equipment, their sound system... I'm effectively paying them because they've invested the capital costs into acquiring all of that equipment, which is impractical for me to obtain, and the ongoing costs of running it. That gives me a different experience from watching TV.

If I'm watching it at home I'm simply not willing to pay anything like that amount - the rental fee from on demand movie services, which is somewhere in the $6 range, seems about right. Granted that's the standard for a few months after theatrical release, but I'm sure as #### not paying a 500% premium to see the thing a couple of months earlier than I otherwise would.
Depends on the movie. If endgame or episode VII or VIII were coming out right now I would pay the $30 on day 1 to watch them without spoilers. Especially at a 50% discount to what the theatre charges. (Family of 4 plus snacks).

Will I pay for wonder women. No.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote