View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 10:54 AM   #1038
pylon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Performance aside, I'll always be an NA fan for the sounds alone...they add a sense of drama and occasion. Turbos sound like wheezy asthmatics in comparison, and dull a lot the sensory experience, which to me is half the point of a fun car.
I don't care who you are, or what kind of cars are your flavor, there is nobody, who gets behind the wheel or a front engine, rear drive, manual transmission V8 muscle/pony car, and doesn't for at least a minute think "My god, this is awesome! And it's only $XXXXX!" Jeremy Clarkson has even caught the bug in quite a few Top Gear episodes.

My dream car of all dream cars would be a Singer 911. Next would be a 993 Turbo. Then there's a whole list of other Stuttgart cars in there that could fill the gaps.

But for fun on the cheap, nothing does it better than the pony cars. I don't care if it's a 190 HP 1985 Trans Am, or 526 HP 2020 GT350, these cars have this neurotic sketchiness, and feeling of out of controlness, that just makes you smile. It just makes me giggle when you are sitting there idling at a light, and you feel that motor throbbing.... blub blub blub blub.... the shifter is shaking back and forth, and when you hammer it you unleash guttural howl that feels dangerous, the front end of the car lifts like a motorboat and the car feels like it's in control of you, not the other way around.

It's sad we are going to lose this experience sooner than later with the electric movement. But they have their place, and there's a reason they were best sellers for decades. They are just such stupid fun.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post: