View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 11:14 PM   #6064
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I'm not actually.

I loved the show and I still think the final season was sub-par. What I'm saying is that we shouldnt be canonizing GRRM. They guy was making things up as he went along. He didnt have a plan. There was no plan. So you cant villainize the showrunners for doing the same.

Remember...the showrunners predicted the ending, which is presumably why GRRM went along for the show. The man made a ton of money for little product.

I'm not a 'Champion of the show' I'm just cautioning people against worshipping GRRM. It seems like people love both the books and the show and then when things went off the rails ignored the fact that a lot of it was GRRM's fault but placing blame squarely at the feet of the showrunners and ignoring GRRM's shortfalls.
I thought I remember reading that the test was asking who they thought Jon Snow's real parents were. They guessed right, so he was convinced they were the right team to make the show. He also wanted to make sure they didn't do his ending so he could have something unique to sell in the books.

It's being placed at the showrunners' feet because they deserve it. They messed up the landing. Not that it should get GRRM any credit or leniency. I give the showrunner's credit for omitting Patchface. Good call.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote