View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 03:12 PM   #6057
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
The Shield - great ending.

The only networks which are good at adhering to a set ending are HBO (when they are allowed to finish the series), AMC and BBC. English shows are very good at only airing the amount of episodes that are necessary to tell the story, and then letting go. American shows tend to want to extend as long as possible, and it's usually a disaster. Look at the Sopranos, they were one of the few HBO shows called back to make the extra buck. I haven't watched the 'final' season, and am glad it ends for me where it did.
I've been re-watching SHIELD, just got to the lighthouse. With the benefit of foresight it's basically been a non-stop cohesive storyline so far.

They were planning their major plot lines 1-2 story arcs ahead of time, creating forward and backward ties. From my memory, I'm not sure season 6 will hold up this standard, but was definitely happy with the ending of seasons seven, I just think season 7 was a little rushed. I think there are characters/times/places they missed the opportunity to revisit.
#-3 is online now   Reply With Quote