View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 01:18 PM   #23
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Figured I’d bump and offer my experience, and hope that someone here can provide me a workaround?

I’ve used both Spotify and YTM, and I’m amazed that they both have brutal oversights that I can’t see how to change.

Spotify - When you search/select an artist, you only get a list of 5 most popular songs, with no option to expand. You can view an album, or play on these songs and then view the queue to see a random assortment. But even then, within the queue there are no options to rearrange, play next, add to playlists or anything. Unbelievable. Honestly turned me off from the service.

YouTube Music, just an absolute comedy of ####ups:
No option to turn auto play off. You can manually turn it off an album or playlist in the queue for that selection, but not if you just play play a song. Which leads to,
The autoplay makes no ####ing sense. Example: search ‘Gerry rafferty’ and you’ll get ‘Right Down the Line’ followed by ‘Baker Street’ under both ‘Top Result’ and ‘Songs’. But it won’t play in that order, rather a random playlist selection of different artists/songs. Even if you enter the ‘Songs’ menu, it’ll play random playlist. To play only songs from the selected artist, you have select the artist, then go to the Songs. Both lists of songs by the same artist, entirely different playback settings.
The queue control is terrible
The recent activity/history is terrible

How you go from Google Play to this is beyond me. They’re both fine for some things, but just goofy enough to make me hate them both.