View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 03:08 PM   #1323
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by krynski View Post
Perhaps, but for all we know there was another cruiser there. You and I know very very little about the situation. Even then, if the other cruiser does not block him in right, the guy could ram, resulting in an even unsafer situation.

We can go throught the variety of outcomes that possibly could or could have happened, but there really are 2 sides to this coin. If you want to say that the officer is ABSOLUTELY at fault from what you derived from just the video, I'm afraid that it is my opinion that you are making conclusions from an incomplete story.
There wasn't another officer there, and there wasn't a police car in front of it because it wouldn't have been able to drive through. We can see this in the video. Making up a narrative that exonerates the officer which we know isn't true doesn't do anything

We have the video, we saw the officer go into a tantrum that caused the driver to flee. We can judge him on that, and we should. He failed his duty to public safety, and that's the worst thing an officer can do outside of being actively corrupt.

And again and again I ask where is the harm in waiting? Instead there's just a bunch of jokes about filibustering but cool, let them filibust, add resisting arrest and another two years to their sentence, while you take all the time required to prevent harm to public safety which in this case is ensuring he can't flee.

Last edited by Oling_Roachinen; 11-22-2020 at 03:16 PM.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote