View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 09:24 AM   #6093
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-election-case

So this leaves Trump without a legal team in both AZ and PA (because, assumedly they were being threatened with sanctions for bringing lawsuits with 0 evidence, or possibly manufactured evidence).

Very legitimate cases you see.

I find this interesting

Trump can get the Republican Party to work with him sometimes due to executive power / threat, and sometimes because they are truly in favour of the GOP agenda. They have much to gain by staying in power

He can get a large number of American citizens on his side, many stoked by misinformation and who have been turned against themselves. Many of them perceive they have a lot to lose if the Democrats come in to power

The Electoral college is not effective in its original intent of representing and protecting the interests of its voters

Then you have the lawyers who are being asked to execute this nonsense. It is interesting. These are educated people who are aware of what they are doing, and have very little to gain personally, and everything to lose. I don’t know if ethical violations would get one disbarred, but you have to think that careers and livelihoods would be on the line

I just find it a bit interesting that this is the check / balance point where things appear to be breaking down
The Following User Says Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post: