View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 03:28 PM   #30
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have had insomnia most of my life. I even used to go a sleep clinic when I was child and tried again as an adult.

I used to take Valerian Root, which helped a little. But one thing to be cautious of is that even herbal remedies can be dangerous for some people. For example, if you have a serotonin imbalance or take serotonin uptake inhibitors, herbal remedies that produce serotonin can be dangerous. Too many people push herbal stuff without realizing that they are not always appropriate.

I have some CBD oil that I use to help me sleep sometimes. Seems to work. I don't get groggy or rundown like when I take Dramamine or trazadone, nor do you get loopy like some other prescription drugs can make you. I just get naturally tired. Having said that, it doesn't shut my brain off from thinking about stressful things, so it can make you tired, but still awake all night.

It really depends on what is causing your insomnia, but definitely talk to a doctor before taking anything.

One non-medical thing that indeed did help me the most was a sleep guide that people in the navy use. Because of their living conditions, being able to sleep can be difficult so they developed a guide regarding sleep positions, focusing and breathing techniques to help you fall asleep. I don't have it anymore, but there might be something online.

The part that I found the most useful was going to sleep flat on your back laying straight. It seems uncomfortable at first, but when you get used to it, it really can help. You will still move into different positions during the night, but I believe it is the best way to get to sleep. Also, be conscious of things like stress in your jaw when you are going to sleep. Sometimes I have trouble falling asleep and do not even realize that I am clenching my jaw or grinding my teeth. The involuntary muscle contractions can prevent you from falling asleep.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 10-29-2020 at 03:31 PM.
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlamesAddiction For This Useful Post: