View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 08:45 AM   #7870
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
If the results are close, like 50/50 coin flip territory, then yea, it's likely going to the SC and Trump will be gifted the presidency.

If he's soundly defeated in a Biden landslide though, I don't see how a court would even take up the case. Sure he might cry foul and try and make a big sitnk, but I doubt it would go very far.

Agreed. No matter what side anyone is on, Supreme Court justices aren't pawns, they are the most accomplished people in the country. Why would they stick out, not only their own necks, but the whole system of the country's neck, for a guy like Trump? Sure both parties nominate judges that are most commonly aligned with their views, but once there, the judges aren't indebted to them. They may interpret laws differently, but they're not going to abandon them.

I see the same if a Biden administration decides to increase the SC to 11, the SC would to their best to block it, to protect the legitimacy of the it.