View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 12:47 PM   #37
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
I was torn between Poirier and Klimchuk and went with Poirier because it flowed better with ‘Mangiapane’.

All the comparison means (re: Poirier) is they’re late 1st round picks that don’t do any one thing that jumps out at me to identify them as special players.

Don’t take my Pelletier criticisms too seriously, I don’t know anything about him. But that’s kinda the point - An ‘if he was worth hearing about, I’d have heard about him’ sorta thing.
I really like the Pelletier - Mangiapane comparison. Both players for check and back check really well. It is not that skate really hard, it is that they skate really hard to the right place. I have only watched Pelletier play a handful of games. In those viewings I thought he was really effective at breaking up plays. Mangiapane has a deadlier shot, but I think Pelletier is more creative.

In terms of development it is hard not to try and make comparisons between him and Marchand. Both played for Moncton and Val-d'or, both ae around 5'10 180lb , both scored 60+ pts their first year in the Q - eventually because 80-90 pt guys. All in all I think they play a similar style of game in terms of ability, although I don't think their similar in personality.

Anyways who actually knows to expect. It isn't really fair to make these comparisons in the first place.
TheIronMaiden is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post: