View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 01:08 PM   #1069
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Wow, so they don't have the extended roaming agreement with the rest of the carriers then. Huh, I mean I guess that would work for me right until COVID-19 stopped getting in the way of regular travel before being completely unusable from that point on.
Well yes and no? You still have coverage when you're in Banff, for example, but you'll be on the Telus/Rogers network or whatever. They just have two different data sets. So you have 2GB of data to use outside of Calgary and Edmonton, and unlimited data (25GB full speed and reduced speed after that) within city limits. Though, with fairly easy access to wifi within the city, that's kind of pointless.

I switched because it was so much cheaper than my plan even though (like you I assume) pre-COVID I'd crush that 2GB of data with regular travel. But switched back when Telus came through with an offer giving me unlimited/25GB of data on a much much bigger network for the same price.

Basically, the Shaw plan is great if you don't leave the city much but below-par if you do (you can get more than 2GB from Koodo for $45). It could also be great if you travel... because maybe Telus or Rogers will give you a wild-good offer to come back.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote