View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 09:43 AM   #64
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
How is be a pro? Heard it got some love, is it worth it?
I'm in the same boat as Inferno, just playing the trial and I've only played in BAP so far.

It's definitely improved by a lot though, some notable things:
- Conversations with players, coaches, and reporters
- Commentary between games is relevant to how you're playing
- Line progression is laid out, so you earn or lose "points" with each line you're on and instead of just being on the 1st line, 1st PP, 1st PK etc. you could be on the 1st line and 1st PP if you're doing well offensively, but on the 2nd PK or off the PK altogether if you're bad on the PK.
- Record keeping, so you can see your performance relative to all-time records, franchise records, by career, season, and rookie season (and the commentary reflects achievements, so if you set the record for goals by a rookie on your team it'll talk about it)

It really, really adds a lot to the realism and feels like a fantastic base to work on. If EA just leaves it as is, that'll be disappointing, but if they tweak it and add to it next year and the year after it's going to be a great mode to play. It is pretty repetitive though.

I'll probably still wait until it's free through EA Play but it is the most tempting NHL game to buy in a long time.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post: